12 SEO Tips Businesses Should Know About – A Tech With Heart Interview with Gresham Harkless
Much like baking a cake, you need a recipe, ingredients, and a working oven. If any of these elements are missing, the intended outcome will not be realized. The same goes for business.
A business needs a recipe, such as a business plan with a marketing strategy. The ingredients needed in business are tools and platforms such as a website, SEO, social media, and CRM. The oven is likened to the online business landscape.
Every online business owner needs a basic understanding of how the world wide web works, and how search engines like Google crawl the internet to better serve online users. By combining this knowledge with the right ingredients (tools), and the recipe (strategy) for success, businesses will thrive and grow amidst a rapidly changing digital environment.
Technology and Media expert, Michelle Calloway, founder of the Tech With Heart Show, invited Media and SEO expert, Greshem Harkless, of Blue16media, to share his SEO tips for online businesses.
“All online businesses are media companies” – Gresham Harkless Jr.
All online businesses are essentially media companies. Understanding how the content you create can gain attention for your business when users search online is key to driving the right traffic to your online offers.
In this episode of Tech With Heart, we cover the following tips:
1. Understand Google
2. Know what you want to rank for
3. Have the location you want to rank for
4. Riches are in the niches
5. Content is royalty – quality over quantity
6. Know that SEO is some, but not all of marketing
7. The on-page is important – title tag, meta description, site speed
8. The off-page is important too – backlinks
9. Consistency is important
10. Try to think of people that don’t know you
11. It’s a long-term marketing strategy
12. It’s one way but not the only way to market
About Guest Gresham Harkless Jr.
CBNation consists of blogs (CEOBlogNation.com), podcasts (CEOPodcasts.com) and videos (CBNation.tv). Blue 16 Media helps change lives through media & technology including a digital marketing agency providing digital marketing services including web design & SEO to small to medium-sized businesses and organizations.
Central to his marketing philosophy is that You Are a Media Company: Developing a Marketing Strategy to Connect with Your Target and Reach Your Goals.
Gresham is a proud graduate of Howard University & Georgetown University. He was selected in 2022 as a 50+ Black Marketer on the Rise in Influencer & Media Innovators.
He also is a graduate of the 2020 Leadership Center for Excellence Young Professionals Program ’16 and recognized by the Alexandria Virginia Chamber of Commerce’s 40 Under 40 in 2020 and a 2022 Northern Virginia 40 Under 40 Honoree.
About Tech With Heart
- Members are heart-centered AND forward-thinking
- They teach emerging technologies and growth strategies
- All questions are good questions. They provide timely answers too!
- All ages and knowledge levels are welcome to participate
- Members build and nurture long-term business relationships as they grow alongside one another
- Warm, professional, and vetted business referral network
Visibility and promotional opportunities for experts and influencers as they enlighten and empower the entrepreneurial audience
Would You Like To Be Interviewed On The Tech With Heart Network Or TV Show?
If you would like to gain visibility, and build credibility and authority as the expert in your industry, we have an opportunity for you.
We are always on the lookout for innovative, heart-centered business experts to be interviewed on the Tech With Heart stage.
You need to own your own business, and your business model, service, or product needs to add value to help others grow their businesses as well. If this opportunity seems like a good fit for you, please click here to be considered.