Time Travel Traffic – Retargeting Your Best Prospects – A Tech With Heart Interview with Patrick Smith
Capturing a target client’s attention with the right offer, at the precise time in which they are ready to buy, is a difficult feat to accomplish online, but there is a way to always stay “top of mind.”
Imagine being able to put an ad on thousands of phones in a location where you knew that many of your target prospects were hanging out.
Imagine having your business ad show up on various websites or social media platforms that your prospect is viewing, without having them ever visit your website.
Would either of these scenarios add value to your business?
This method of marketing is called “retargeting” and Tech With Heart recently interviewed, retargeting specialist, Patrick Smith, to share some valuable insights about affordable retargeting strategies using banner display ads and RTB bidding.
In this interview, you will learn:
- The concept of Time Travel Traffic
- What digital display ads are and what sets them apart from pay-per-click or search ads
- What RTB is and how to order or buy digital display ads
- What the ROI averages are for digital display ads
Digital Display Ads
- Images on websites and phone apps
- Multiple sizes
- Can be a still, GIF, or video
- Emphasizes a brand whether the person clicks or not. Picture worth a thousand words.
Real-time Bidding (RTB) is an ad placement process that is happening every second. Pay for impressions, not clicks. Prices vary depending on how often your ad is shown to selected target audiences.
Ways to find and target prospects:
- Interests – Publish ads on websites based on the prospect’s interests
- Demographic profile – Show ads to people based on who they are (describe a group)
- Target URL or App – Publish ads only on specific (local newspaper site, https://www.entrepreneur.com)
- Hyper-local (geo-fencing) – Target by exact physical address (current location of customer) Auto shop example
- Retargeting – Only show ads to people who visited your website already (Amazon example)
- Time Travel Traffic – Show ads to people who visited a specific location in the past year, wherever they are today. Super Bowl example. For this to work you need 50,000 phones at the site in the last year.
About Guest Patrick Smith
Patrick Smith is an innovative business coach, speaker, and author, focusing on empowering small business owners to embrace smart digital marketing practices so they can grow and maintain a competitive advantage in oversaturated marketplaces.
Patrick has been a small business owner since 1989 and is the Owner of OnlineViz a full-service digital marketing company focused on local business growth. Patrick is certified as a Retargeting Specialist and is finding ways to make retargeting affordable for small business owners.
Known as the RV Digital Nomad – Patrick is a full-time RVer traveling around the US, coaching other RVers that love to travel while working, on how to effectively make extra money anywhere they park.
Special Retargeting Offer for Tech With Heart Members (Limited Time Only)
- Free Consult ($190 value)
- Free Still Image Ad Creation ($500 Value)
- Free Retargeting Ad Placement with up to 2,500 impressions for 60 Days ($1,000 Value)
About Tech With Heart
Tech With Heart is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) foundation focused on creating a safe, nurturing learning environment for entrepreneurs, students, and children. Tech With Heart is a nonprofit with a passion to ENLIGHTEN and EMPOWER business owners to EMBRACE technology and business strategies that will keep them competitive and relevant for long-term success, in a rapidly changing digital world. The entrepreneurial support program, Tech With Heart Network, is unlike other business networks because they are a nonprofit focused on serving and supporting, not gaining financial wealth.
- Members are heart-centered AND forward-thinking
- They teach emerging technologies and growth strategies
- All questions are good questions. They provide timely answers too!
- All ages and knowledge levels are welcome to participate
- Members build and nurture long-term business relationships as they grow alongside one another
- Warm, professional, and vetted business referral network
Visibility and promotional opportunities for experts and influencers as they enlighten and empower the entrepreneurial audience
Would You Like To Be Interviewed On The Tech With Heart Network Or TV Show?
If you would like to gain visibility, and build credibility and authority as the expert in your industry, we have an opportunity for you.
We are always on the lookout for innovative, heart-centered business experts to be interviewed on the Tech With Heart stage.
You need to own your own business, and your business model, service, or product needs to add value to help others grow their businesses as well. If this opportunity seems like a good fit for you, please click here to be considered.